BIDDING FOR ISHA 2021
The bidding process for selecting the venue and host for the 10th International Symposium on the History of Anesthesia 2021 will take place on Friday October 27, 2017 during ISHA 2017 in Boston.
Judges will include individuals who have hosted ISHA meetings in the past, or represent national/ international anesthesia history associations. The winner will be determined by a majority vote. The results of the bidding process will be announced at the conclusion of the symposium, around 5pm on Friday October 27, 2017.
The bids can be made by one or more individuals, and will be made in the format of an oral presentation preferably with audio-visual support. A summary document or flyer should be provided in advance to the judges.
Merits of the bid will be evaluated based on these criteria (not listed in order of importance).
- Clarity of the presentation, to be made in English.
- Support from national anesthesia or history related organizations.
- Proposed dates, and information about the venue, including accessibility.
- A budget outline, including provisional financial support from individuals, departments or other organizations.
- Accommodation, transportation and provisional costs.
- Medical history sites in the vicinity, plus other interesting historical sites.
- Experience in organizing meetings, particularly those related to anesthesia history.
- Plans for publishing the proceedings of the meeting.
- Editorial support for abstracts and manuscripts.
- Support team for organizing the conference.
Individuals or organizations interested in making a bid for ISHA 10 in 2021 should please contact Sukumar P. Desai at firstname.lastname@example.org