Deadline for abstract submission is March 31, 2017
ABSTRACTS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY. IT IS OUR AIM TO RECEIVE ALL ABSTRACTS AT THE WEBSITE OF THE JOURNAL OF ANESTHESIA HISTORY
Specifications about style and content for preparation of the abstract are present in the sample abstract which can be found here.
ABSTRACTS FOR THE 9th ISHA MEETING ARE TO BE SUBMITTED VIA THE JOURNAL OF ANESTHESIA HISTORY WEBSITE. ALL ABSTRACTS ACCEPTED FOR PRESENTATION WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THIS JOURNAL. IN ADDITION, AUTHORS OF ACCEPTED ABSTRACTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE ISHA ORGANIZERS WITH A FULL MANUSCRIPT OF THEIR PRESENTATION BEFORE THE CONFERENCE. THESE FULL LENGTH ARTICLES WILL BE PUBLISHED ONLINE AND ALSO IN HARDCOPY FORMAT AS THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE 9th ISHA.
ALL SUBMITTED ABSTRACTS AND MANUSCRIPTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO EDITING PRIOR TO ACCEPTANCE AND PUBLICATION.
**If you are having difficulties, please email David Waisel at email@example.com and put ISHA Abstract Submission in the subject. Please send a copy of the message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to Journal of Anesthesia History web page (http://www.anesthesiahistoryjournal.org) and select the yellow button labeled "Submit a Manuscript".
- You will be taken to the EVISE login page. Look at the box in the middle of the page. If you have Elsevier credentials, use them here. If you do not, click "Register Now" which is in blue and to right of the bold "Login using your Elsevier credential". Please register and sign in. Click on the "My Author Tasks" if the option is presented.
- Click on "Start New Submission" in blue box.
- ENTER MANUSCRIPT INFORMATION page
- See the dropdown menu labeled "Issue". Select "ISHA 2017 Meeting Abstracts.
- See the dropdown menu labeled "Article Type". Select "Abstract" which is the only option.
- Complete "Full Title" box.
- "Keywords" box is optional.
- Under "Authors" (at bottom of page), add other authors as indicated.
- Click "Save & Continue".
- UPLOAD FILES page
- A pop up will say " Journal of Anesthesia History operates a double-blind review policy. Verify that you have removed your details from the files provided for your submission including the file properties, before uploading them. This is also written on the page. THIS IS UNTRUE. The review for the abstracts will be single blind (the reviewer will know the names of the authors). You do not need to make any changes to your submission. However, the "OK" for this button must be clicked before proceeding. Please click "OK".
- The titles of the submitted files must be less than 80 characters.
- To upload files, click "Upload Files" and select file to be uploaded. File Order is not relevant and File Name will be automatically filled; you must select the File Type: Manuscript. Again, please ignore instructions to exclude author details.
- PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION page
- Select Region of Origin from drop down list at top.
- If you see a "Suggest/Oppose Reviewers", please ignore that.
- Click "Save and Continue".
- (NO NOTATION AT TOP) PAGE
- Click "Download PDF"
- Check PDF for accuracy
- Click "I have reviewed the PDF of my submission and approve it for consideration by the journal"
- Read and click "I have read and adhere to Ethics in publishing guidelines. The title, Ethics in publishing guidelines, is the link to the guide.
- Click "Complete Submission".
- THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING page: No action to take.
- Receive Email confirming complete submission. Please note the email will say "We have received your manuscript for consideration for publication in Journal of Anesthesia History." That is correct, because the abstracts are published in the Journal of Anesthesia History. It is also correct that you have submitted your abstract for the 2017 ISHA Annual Meeting.
- Abstracts will be reviewed expeditiously. Authors may be required to revise their submission, and decisions related to acceptance will be taken in a rolling manner.
- If you continue to experience difficulty with the submission process, please email Sukumar Desai, M.D. at email@example.com Volunteers will help you with the submission.